Last Friday was my mother-in-law’s birthday. We took the kids up and visited, but had to come home in early afternoon–with even more rain in the forecast, we’d left the dog in her indoor kennel. Which I hate doing.
Friday night, we went out to dinner with friends. One of my best and oldest friends from college now lives in New England, and was in town for a brief visit for a sad reason: his grandmother is dying. He only had one evening in town to get together with us, so we wound up at a restaurant with seven adults and five children. It was a blast!
But…it ran an hour and a half past my kids’ bedtimes. I had some cranky, cranky kids–kids that still needed a bath, after having played outside at Grandma and Grandpa’s all day.
Needless to say, I got absolutely nothing done on Friday.
Thankfully, I did get the living room mostly decluttered, and got the hallway cleared for running. And I got a good start on class stuff, and finished the textbook yesterday. It’s currently in the hands of a beta reader.
So…this week’s goals:
1. Find and revise the Course Policy Statements for both Comp I and Comp II.
2. Create a course schedule for 101 (I just finished the one for 102).
3. Post everything to my class sites for the students to download, and write a welcome message.
4. Declutter the kitchen, clear all the stuff off the table, and make cookies.
5. See if I can get past the writers’ block on Highway to Tartarus by skipping the story I’m stuck on. It, and one or two other ideas might end up vignettes posted here after I’m done writing the rough draft of the stories in the book.